Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wait... It's March already?

Trying to think back on the last week and what I’ve been working on in order to update my lovely readers, and I’m finding that my brain is going into overdrive. Whew. I need another vacation.

This past weekend, my lovely friend Aviva came to visit me for a few days and help me work on the school mural that I am painting at the primary school here in Keur Andallah. It’s ALMOST done, but apparently the ocean is larger than I originally anticipated. Who knew? The funny part is, I bought some paint brushes, but most of the map has been painted with dry grass and sticks because there are too many fine borders that the paintbrushes cannot handle. Thus, we have determined that that is how PCVs paint in Africa- with sticks. Sigh.

In the meanwhile, I’m also trying to get my pepinieres going for the year so that everything can be outplanted early enough this year that it actually survives the hot season. While all this is happening, the latrine project is progressing bit by bit, the school gardens and rolling along, the women’s garden people continue to annoy me about getting barbed wire, and my own garden refuses to outplant itself. I even asked it nicely. So yes, it’s hard to keep track of things, but Mangiiy goorgoorlu, I’m doing the best I can.

I also tried to upload pictures to my picassa account- the one on the right of the screen, and for some reason my pictures refuse to upload into the program, so until I figure that out I’m posting pictures on facebook for those of you who know me personally. Best I can do until I figure out the problem.

I’m very excited for my parents to get here next week and show them around my life here. I will make sure they post an entry so you will all know what it is like for a non-PCV American to show up in Senegal and start touring around. At this point, all I can remember is this vague shock and exhaustion from the journey and the prospect of spending the next two years of my life here, so I’m really no help on that matter anymore.

Stay tuned,

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment